What We Do
- Call or text (724) 864-6200 to schedule an appointment.
- A typical home inspection takes approximately two hours and includes an evaluation of the following systems; Roof, Exterior, Grounds, Structural, Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Interior
- All inspections are performed according to ASHI, (American Society of Home Inspectors) standards of practice.
- A 28 foot ladder is brought to all home inspections and roofs are walked on if possible.
- Buyer is strongly encouraged to accompany home inspector and to ask questions. The conditions are explained in detail during the inspection.
- An easy to understand typewritten report is mailed and e-mailed within 24 hours of the on-site inspection.
- Digital photos are included in the written report.
Radon is a gas that is formed in the soil from decaying Uranium. Radon has been detected at locations all over the world.
According to the EPA, long term exposure to elevated levels of radon causes lung cancer.
In the Pittsburgh area, a radon mitigation system costs approximately $800-900. A system will typically include a 4" plastic pipe attached to a fan that exhausts air from under the basement floor slab.
Only continuous monitors are used for radon tests. PADEP minimum radon test time is 48 hours with a two-hour grace period.
We also perform pest inspection for an additional cost. Please call for details.
- 25 Years Construction and Home Remodeling Experience
- Civil Engineer, University Of Pittsburgh
- Professionally Trained by Property Inspector's Training Institute
- Advanced Training Classes with Home Tech Training
- Previously Worked for a Home Builder
- Fulltime Home Inspector
- Experience Buying & Flipping Houses (1 or 2 per year since 2005)
- Over 6,000 Home Inspections Performed Since 1994
Certified for Radon Tests
Licensed Pest Inspector